Are you stuck in a sexless marriage?
Do you and your partner have mismatched sexual desires?
Are you having performance issues?
Do you not feel emotionally connected anymore?
Or maybe you want to spice up your love life, but your partner isn’t interested.
If sexual issues are preventing true closeness between you and your partner, you may want to consider sex therapy.
How does Sex Therapy work?
As a sex therapist, I focus on the physical relationship between two people in a relationship, then identify the couple’s attitudes about sex and the sexual problem. From there, I’ll often recommend specific exercises to refocus the couple’s attention and expectations.
Specific objectives may include the following:
- Learning to eliminate and relax distractions
- Learning to communicate what you’d like in a positive way
- Desire/Arousal issues
- Anxiety, fear or shame related to sex
- Issues around social, cultural & religious view about sex
- Premature Ejaculation/Delayed Ejaculation
- Poor body image & its relation to sex
- Learning nonsexual touching techniques
- Increasing or enhancing sexual stimulation
- Minimizing pain during intercourse
- Sexual trauma
- Coping with living with STIs
- Sex “addiction” or Compulsive Sexual Disorders
If you’d like to explore sex therapy, I want you to know that you aren’t alone in having sexual problems and that I can help. Please fill out the Request an Appointment form today so we can start working on having the sexual life you want.